Thursday 21 August 2014

Have You Collected Your Permanent Voters' Card (PVC)?

A colleague at work showed me His new Permanent voters' card. He said he didnt take him 10 minutes to collect it at the Polling Centre and explained the process to me as follows:


  1. Go to the Polling Centre where you registered
  2. Check your name on the valid Voters' Registration List that have been pasted
  3. When you find your name, make sure you note the serial number
  4. Approach the INEC agents (NYSC Corpers in most cases) and give them your serial number
  5. Give them a couple of minutes and they'll bring out your Permanent Voters' Card

voters' list snapshot

He told me the entire process didn't take him 10 minutes.

When he finished I quickly went to the polling station I registered which is, fortunately for me, beside my workplace. 

I didn't see any polling agents but I noticed that the list of voters have been pasted on the wall and there were so many people looking for their names.




People checking Voters List at a Polling Centre in Ibadan
It didn't take me long to find my name on the list which is in alphabetical order but there were no INEC officials around. 

Some people I met there who have been coming since Monday complained that there was nobody to give them their permanent voters' cards. 

They were told by a woman that they might need to go to the Local Government office to collect the permanent voters' cards.

Have you collected your Permanent Voters' Card? Please tell us experience in below in the comment box...